What Makes a Winning Team?Nov 06, 2023
While our team hasn’t quite recovered from the surprising loss of the Philadelphia Phillies in 2023, we thought this was a great time to take a look at some of the intangible qualities that make a winning team.
At times, even in business, the best team on paper isn’t always the team that performs the best when it counts. So as we head into the holiday season and the pressure rises, it is an important exercise to take a step back and look at your team to make sure they are ready to WIN over the next 6 weeks.
The 5 Key qualities that can make your team a championship team:
- Outstanding Performance: A championship team consistently delivers outstanding performances under pressure. They find a way to deliver when it counts.
- Consistency: A championship team maintains a high level of performance throughout the season, demonstrating the ability to consistently contribute to their team's success. In hospitality, this is probably one of the most intangible qualities that can set your team apart from the competition. Even on days when morale is low and the team is exhausted, the champions on your team find a way to get it done.
- Leadership: Championship teams have leaders who lead by example, inspiring their teammates with their work ethic, dedication, and passion for the game. They set the tone, and create a team dynamic that builds momentum over time.
- Versatility: Championship teams excel in multiple facets of the game, demonstrating their versatility as both offensive and defensive assets. In hospitality, the championship teams are willing to do whatever it takes to get it done.
- Fan and Community Engagement: Champions on our team engage with fans and the community. These may not be our technical experts, but they are beloved by our customers.
As we look to our holiday rush this year, it can be a great time to review the dynamics of our team, to make sure these intangible qualities are represented. In essence, a great championship team embodies a balance of exceptional skills, leadership qualities, and a commitment to both individual and team success.
Feeling overwhelmed by the challenge of rebuilding your team in 2023? We can help! CLICK HERE to schedule a call with one of our next-level industry experts ...
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.